The intellij idea gauge plugin comes with more features to simplify writing specifications.
- You can right-click in under any directory in the specs directory and create a new specification or concept file. They will be created with a template to get you started.
- To easily create markdown tables in specification(.spec) or concept(.cpt) files you can use predefined table templates specifying the number of columns needed.
For example, to create a table with 4 columns type
Then fill the column names in the template.
- To write the specification heading in markdown, you can use the predefined heading template.
Then fill the specification name in the template.
- Scenario heading in markdown can be easily written using the predefined scenario heading template.
Then fill the scenario name in the template.
- A specification file can be formatted easily using the keyboard shortcut
ctrl+alt+shift+l(in windows and linux) and
This formats the specification including indentation of tables and steps.
- A specification file, written in markdown can be viewed as an HTML preview.
This is a spec file in markdown.
On click of the
HTML Preview tab at the bottom of the editor, it shows the HTML equivalent preview of spec file.
Since specs are written in markdown, they can be converted to HTML using any markdown to HTML convertors.