The test results report should be easy to comprehend and should be useful for all the stakeholders.
- A comprehensive test results report template prepared in a html format providing the overall summary with drill down of the test cases executed and effort spent during the testing for each stage and feature.
- It provides the details for the defects found during the run.
- It indicates the tests by color code - failed(red), passed(green) and skipped(grey).
- The failure can be analyzed with the stacktrace and screenshot(captures unless overwritten not to).
- The skipped tests can be analyzed with the given reason.
- Custom Report Messages allows users to add messages at runtime.
- This follows the junit format which allows integration with CI.
- It summarizes the success, failure(with stacktrace) and skipped tests with reason.
Gauge also allows custom reporting plugins to be added if required.