Could not start gauge api: Could not find executable in PATH or GAUGE_ROOT. Gauge is not installed.
This can occur because of following reasons :
- Gauge is not installed
- Gauge is installed at custom location and
custom_install_location/binis not in
To Solve this :
- If gauge is not installed, install gauge
- If gauge is installed at custom location, add
- On custom installation location Set
- Restart Intellij
If steps have implementation code and are still marked as unimplemented
- Ensure that
src/test/javadirectory is marked as test sources root in the project. Right click on the
src/test/javadirectory and select Mark Directory as -> Test sources root
- Ensure the project is compiling. Press ctrl/cmd + F9 to build project or select
Build -> Make project.
Module SDKis set to a valid JDK under
- Restart Intellij or close and reopen the project.
- The gauge-java dependency should be added in the pom.xml
- Enable auto-import for the project. Under
File > Settings > Maven > Importing, mark the checkbox
Import Maven projects automatically.
Project Settings -> Modulesselect the gauge module. Under the
dependenciestab should be
- If not present restart Intellij or close and re-open project. They should be added
- The project compilation fails however the java files do not mark any errors in the file.
- This is a specific issue with Java <= 1.7 on Windows.
- To resolve set -Duser.home=USER_HOME in the IDEA_INSTALLATION\bin\idea.exe.vmoptions file.
- See the Intellij idea forum post for more details