The communication breakdowns between Developers and Business Stakeholders is a common risk of software development. Gauge is an advanced automation tool that allows requirements to be written in a way that will be understood by all roles in a project and help bridge the gap.
Some of the key features of Gauge that make it stand unique include:
- A rich markup based on markdown
- Simple, Flexible and Rich Syntax
- Business Language Tests : Supports the concept of executable documentation
- Consistent Cross Platform/Language Support for writing test code. Currently supported languages.
- Open Source, so it could be shared freely and improved by others as well
- A modular architecture with plugin support.
- Extensible through plugins and Hackable
- Supports External Data Sources
- Helps you create Maintainable and Understandable test suites
- IDE Support